With the very tight schedule that I am currently experiencing : full time work, part time work, family, contests and its year end!!! lots of gatherings and etc. it really stressed me out when it all comes together. At the same time I really hope that I still stay healthy and obtain enough vitamins for me to work continuously on what I really wanted to achieve. Lucky enough I found “Genefood” where it contains Broccoli Sprout.
Sounds very strange right? You must be wondering What is Broccoli Sprout?
It is also named Sulforaphane (SFN) which is an isothiocyanate, a sulfur-containing organic compound. Still complicated? To make it more layman term, it is derived from glucoraphanin, and found in cruciferous vegetables such as broccoli, cabbage, cauliflower, brussels sprouts, and kale.
(Okay, still very technical I understand =P)
Basically, it helps to
- Protect cells and genes
- Act as an antioxidant (Healthy Aging) and slows down aging
- Liver Detoxification by helping the liver to metabolize various toxins, heavy metals, chemicals, pesticides, air pollutants and most importantly helps to accelerate the body’s discharge of toxins that have accumulated for a long time
– I personally think it is extremely for one to detox from time to time because regular detoxification can improve symptoms such as fatigue, lack of energy, dull skin, acne, bad breath and even prevent liver problems caused by alcohol, poor diet and more.
- Reduce inflammation that help to fight obesity
- Protect Against E. Coli and H. Pylori
- Act as UV and Skin Protection against photoaging, prevents skin inflammation, sunburn and skin damage caused by UV.
Genefood™ Australian grown broccoli sprout powder is certified by Australia’s stringent Therapeutic Goods Administration (TGA) guidelines as a ‘complementary medicine’.
There are a few main ingredients that give it the flavour :
- Blueberry, Raspberry, Strawberry, Grape, Cranberry
Berries are packed with powerful antioxidants that may help keep your memory sharp. All berries are great sources of fiber, a nutrient important for a healthy digestive system.
- Red beet
Scientifically proven as high in immune-boosting vitamin C, fiber, potassium (for healthy nerves and muscle), and manganese (good for the bones, liver, kidney, and pancreas)
- Vitamin C
Helps in growing and repairing all body tissues to maintain healthy skin and the formation of collagen and absorption of iron
Helps promote the growth of beneficial intestinal bacteria. Enhances the absorption of calcium, magnesium, zinc, and iron in the colon
As for me, I usually mix the content of the sachet with a cup of room temperature water (200ml), stir well and consume immediately to avoid oxidation.
It is recommended that an adult can take 1-2 sachets a day.
On the other hand, children age 3 to 12 is advised to take 1 sachet a day.
Although my cups says “GOOD MORNING” LOLLL however I think the best time to consume is during night time. I normally drink a cup before bed as it helps to clear the toxins in my intestines and eliminate toxins accumulated in blood vessels and liver. Hence, making detoxification to be more effective the next morning. =)
Speaking about the taste, it tasted really fruity and not the usual bitter supplement that we used to hate! lol. To me, it is really up to each individual wether this kind of supplements are needed. Because if we drink, we feel a sense of security. If we dont, of course we wont die LOL.
However, I will recommend those who :
- Consume less than five servings of fruits and vegetables daily
- Suffer from constipation
- Poor liver function
- Are busy adults with unhealthy lifestyles, stress, and a lack of sleep
- Are heavy smokers and drinkers
- Are in the 3H Group (High cholesterol, blood sugar and blood pressure)
- Have dull and aging skin
- Are students requiring increased concentration
- Are pregnant women who need increased offspring health
to consider to take a serious care of your health because you will never know when your body will ring the bell, and when it does, hopefully it’s not too late for you to react.
If you are interested to purchase, it is available at pharmacies, organic food stores or you may also go to Genefood™ online store http://genefood.store ?
If you need nutritional consultation, feel free to contact their nutritionist team via:
Phone: +6011-1661 3333
Anyways, hope you will find these information useful and I really wish everyone to stay healthy!! So that you can keep reading my posts and share our happiness together! HAHA
Alright, I will see you in my next post! =)